Friday, March 2, 2012

Why we worship

(Hey everyone, I'm so sorry for not posting or being on for so long. In short my life has been busy. :) So the other day I found this stuffed in a bunch of worship songs in my music binder. I revised it a tad but it's pretty much exactly the same. So... here it is.)


WHY WE WORSHIP

"The biggest thing for us as worshippers is to reflect the glory of the Lord in our lives. But instead of recieving that glory unto ourselves we need to deflect it towards God, the only One who is worthy of all glory. This is the natural response of true worship.

"Satan saw the glory of the Lord upon himself, when he was still an angel of God, but rather than deflecting it toward God as he ought, Satan instead accepted the glory unto himself and began worshipping that glory in him; making himself equal with God. It is very important that we do not follow in those same footsteps. God alone is worthy to recieve all the glory.

"So when the Spirit of the Lord is seen in our lives and the gifts of the Holy Spirit are apparent, let us remember: It was not our hands and feet that were nailed to the cross, it was not our flesh that was crushed for sinful man, it was not our brow which thorns were pressed upon, it was not our love for mankind which led us to Calvary. It was JESUS, He alone is worthy! It is by Him, for Him, and to Him that we reflect God's glory. Let us adamantly and zealously give Him all praise. We are not here to please men but God, who tests and knows our hearts. This is the standard by which we must lead worship."

A church worship leader of the church I attend said this once. I don't know if it is his own words or a quote from another. Like I said, I revised it only a little for better clarity but other than that I've really tried to keep it exactly how he said it. It's powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment