Sunday, March 4, 2012

For He sees us...

"JUDGE me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity..." Integrity. How many of us can claim we have it? How many of us can claim we have it continually? How many of us can bravely and sincerely say, "Judge me, oh Lord"? The Scripture goes on to say, "Examine me, prove me, try my reins and heart." If the Lord were to search your heart right now, what would He find? Do you wince as you wonder? Do you hesitate to imagine what He would think? Or could you come bravely before Him and let Him search your heart, knowing you have walked justly in His ways? The truth is, He IS searching your heart, mind and soul even now.


"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth..."
II Chronicles 16:9a KJV

"I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."
Jeremiah 17:10 KJV


It's not to say we won't be making mistakes - after all we are just human - but that we will continually seek the Lord and live after Him with a full heart and complete integrity and truth. That is how we ought to live. No we are not perfect, and yes we will stumble at times, but every day we should be growing more and more to be like Jesus; to live like Jesus; to speak and walk in God's ways like Jesus.


"JUDGE me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
"Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
"For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth."
Psalms 26:1-3 KJV

"I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."
Jeremiah 17:10 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment