Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Ever Present

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
"Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."
Psalm 139:7-10 KJV

Despite our circumstances the Lord is always watching over us. Through the deepest and most treacherous valleys He walks with us. Like Jonah, who found himself in the belly of a whale, there is not any place too far or too dark where the Lord cannot find us.

"If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."
Psalm 139:11-12 KJV

The God we serve is omnipresent. He surpasses space and time. He holds the universe in His hands, and yet dwells in each of us who accept Him. No matter your tribulation, He is there. He is walking with you. He may not deliver you from your suffering, but He will stand by you and suffer with you. And in the morning when you wake up... He will be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment