Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eurasia

I found an old bookmark in a book buried in a stuffed box in my closet last night. Actually, this "bookmark" was a folded up map that I had entirely forgotten about - a map of Eurasia.

Some months ago, a missionary had visited our church and shared with us the ministries going on there. He had provided us all with maps, requesting we pray for those people who had not heard the Gospel yet.

Eurasia consist of averagely 2.3 billion people, with 1.88 billion of them unreached by the Gospel. Christianity is not tolerable in many of these countries, but the Lord has been doing a great work.

I am reminded once again of the calling that the Lord has placed on all of our hearts: to preach the Gospel to the corners of the world. There is no place where it should not be heard. I know one day I will be over there in other countries, but for now I am here burying my nose in books at the college.

How I wish I could join our brothers and sisters across seas! How I wish I didn't have to wait and go to school! I know that God's timing is perfect, and in His will I vow to walk. Yet still I cannot say it is easy. He is teaching me patience.

I hung the map in my room last night, right where I could see it. I have been reading about Eurasia for quite sometime today, and every hour the restlessness within me increases. I am not restless only, but inspired. I am inspired to dare to step into the world unknown, beyond my borders, beyond the safety of home. I am challenged to reach into the darkest places of the world, but until then, I anxiously wait for the Lord to say to me "go".

No comments:

Post a Comment