Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ebola Outbreak

While on Instagram today I saw a post from Doctors Without Borders. There are outbreaks of a virus called Ebola in West Africa. Many have suffered and died. Others have recovered. M.S.F. is fighting to save the infected, and prevent further spread of the disease.

Hearing about such outbreaks makes me want to join Doctors Without Borders even more so. I am stirred to continue to pursue my education in nursing. One day it will be me out there. One day... Until then I keep them in prayers, learning as much as I can about such illnesses.

Is it odd I find plagues and the like so fascinating? It baffles me how such little organisms can end the life of not just one person, but up to thousands and beyond. It makes me want to go out and fight alongside the Doctors Without Borders team.

I copied a link below that explains more about what is going on in Africa. Will you join me in prayer for those inflicted and those who are there serving?

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news-stories/field-news/battling-ebola-outbreak-west-africa

No comments:

Post a Comment