Wednesday, March 5, 2014

To trust

Those who trust in the Lord shall never be moved. Trust. It is what God has been teaching me lately. I guess I am starting to realize that. As much as I do trust in God, there are so many times when I don't. Many times I rely on myself, taking control of my life, and forgetting to seek His will. I believe the lie that I know better than He, and that even if I should follow through with something that I know I shouldn't, I think the consequences won't be so terrible. Well let me tell you, the Lord has been graciously merciful to me.

I want to seek Him more. I want to worship Him more. I want to put Him in the forefront of my daily life. I want to trust Him more. I want to have no fear or worry.

I recall asking Him to teach me patience, and give me more faith. Well, we all know that God does not just GIVE us those things. He puts us in situations that will cause us to exercise those things, and ultimately strengthening us. Thus perhaps my car dilemma - the fact that I always tend to break down right in the middle of the road during rush hour - is but a small way in which He has given me an opportunity to have more faith and patience.

I admit, I have not always been strong, but God is faithful and ever gracious. I know that I can hope in Him even when I cannot see the hope of tomorrow. You would think I would have learned that by now, but alas, I find that I have not. In truth, it is through the tragedies and hardship when I see His face. For He makes Himself known to me in the deepest valleys, when I am at my lowest. When I am the weakest, THAT is when I see He is the strongest.

With this renewed hope, I know I can rejoice in the face of danger and misfortune. I can rejoice because even in the darkest of times God is in control. Gloria a Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment