Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Help those who no one else will help..."

Hey everyone! =) Sorry its taken so long to write again. *whew* You probably didn't notice my absence but... anyways... A lot has happened since March 27. Goodness gracious that was a century ago! Lol Well anyhow, my life since then in short, my sister and I have moved out and are living on our own. I've started a job at a preserves place right down town and just a few blocks from where I live. I've neglected writing and music almost altogether and... hmm been dreaming of Mexico. Haha Can't get much more exciting than that can it? jk

Well a lot has been on my mind (other than work and Mexico). For one, I'm trying to figure what the Lord's plan is for my life. To my Pa without question it would writing and music. To others a career in nursing or a classical pianist and violinist. While all of those sound amazing and some I may be a little good at (not the classical part) my heart seems to be continually wandering elsewhere. To a place I'm not even sure. For a long while it has actually, and I've always just ignored it and figured "when the time came". Well... the time is now, isn't it? I mean I'm eighteen going on nineteen and most people my age already know what they want to do with their life. I did too I thought but now I wonder if it's my desire, my Pa's or... God's.

I want what God wants. I just... I'm not sure what that is and how to get to it. Lemme explain a bit. I've always had a passion for helping other people. I don't care in the least how dangerous it is, if the Lord is with me what have I to fear?... except spiders. =P Consider Haiti or the hidden tribes in South America's jungle. The people no one even knows about or doesn't want to know about. The people that are the most needy, and as busy as my life is, I cannot rest until I find them and help them. I'm not educated in medical at all and neither am I the strongest Christian who can heal the sick (tho i do know that with God anything is possible). Point is I'm not special, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to go to the ends of the earth to find these needy people.

A bit ago I prayed to God about this very thing and He answered (no not literally. altho how amazing that would be!) He spoke to my heart. He didn't make everything clear to me what my future was, but I heard Him say this much and since then I can't get these words out of my head: "Be like me. Help those that need me the most. Help those who can't help themselves. Help those who no one else will help."

No comments:

Post a Comment